2016 is almost over! It is definitely a year that will be remembered. From politics to celebrities, this year has taught me to “never say never”.
Last December, I wrote the blog, “I Choose Fabulous!”. I wrote 10 ways to be more fabulous in the new year. After reviewing this list, I am giving myself a 70% (Let’s be real, who’s perfect?).
Let’s review the list…how did you do?
10. Let It Go… This was hard. But I think I did much better not sweating the small stuff. I guess the best part of being a year older, is that drama is becoming too exhausting to care.
9. You don’t have to be perfect….. Duh! Life is way more fun being a mess sometimes;)
8. Stay true to yourself and your beliefs, even if that’s unpopular….. I relate this most to the Presidential election. My wish is that we stand behind our leaders and unify this wonderful country.
7. Exercise 10 minutes a day….. I trained and completed my first half marathon and continued my normal workouts each day. It takes some time, but I feel healthy and strong. And exercise is the best stress relief.
6. Be a role model…. My daughter is my world. I hope that my activities and accomplishments show her that at any age, she can do anything if she works hard.
5. Pamper yourself (and schedule annual doctor’s appointments…OBGYN/Dermatologist)…. I also took more time to take care of my skin this year with MORE SUNSCREEN!
4. Be generous with your time and skills…. This year I tried to say “yes” to more volunteer opportunities; and I learned that teachers should be paid millions of dollars. They are God’s angels.
3. Fall in love again and again….. Every couple goes through good and bad times. There are days when we can’t stand each other and others where we can’t get enough of each other. We went on lots of date nights this year and began doing more activities together.
2. It’s ok not to be liked by everyone, it’s their loss not yours…… This is also another hard thing to do, especially when you were once friends with those lost. But I love my friends and family fiercely; and true friendship is understanding and accepting.
1. You are fabulous and don’t let anyone tell you different! …… Yes I am!
2017 is here! Let’s continue to be fabulous and happy. If 2016 taught us anything, it’s that life is too short not to live everyday to your greatest potential.