It’s been almost two weeks since we boarded the Disney Dream…ready to set sail on our 3rd Disney Cruise. This was not only our first time on the Dream (sister ship of the Fantasy), it was our first time on a 3-night cruise to the Bahamas.
We arrived in Orlando on a Thursday afternoon, and stayed at the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport Hotel. We enjoyed an evening filled with wonderful food, spirits and lots of swimming in the rooftop pool.
The next morning, we walked to the Orlando Airport Disney Bus Terminal to board the Magical Express for Port Canaveral. The rain was pouring as we entered the ship (no swimming), but there was so much to explore and activities to participate in on the Disney Dream.
Here is the itinerary:
- 12pm Lunch
- 1pm Explored Ship and Youth Activity Center (Oceaneer Lab/Club)
- 3pm Disney Vacation Club Members Celebration
- 4pm Mandatory Guest Assembly Drill
- 6pm The Golden Mickeys Broadway-Style Show
- 8:15pm Dinner at Enchanted Garden Restaurant
- 9:30pm After-dinner coffees at Cove Cafe
- 11pm Picked up child from Oceaneer Club
Day 2 – Atlantis
- 7am Mr Mod wakes to run 6 miles on Deck 4 (but he brings coffee back to the room)
- Room Service breakfast (included in the cost of your cruise)
- 9:45am First Port of Call – Nassau, Bahamas
- 10:30am Exited ship for our excursion to Atlantis Resort (15 minute bus ride)
- 11am Aquaventure – Atlantis is an amazing sight from the ship deck; and an incredible, awe-inspiring resort to visit. The Aquaventure is a 1st-class waterpark with one-of-kind slides, rivers and pools for the entire family.
- 5pm Returned to the ship and rested in our stateroom.
- 7pm The Pirate Night Deck Party – Dress up in your pirate finest!
- 8:15pm Dinner at Royal Palace
- 10pm Pirate Party Fireworks
Day 3 – Castaway Cay
My family decided not to disembark on Castaway Cay. We were very tired from Atlantis, and wanted to spend a relaxing day on the ship. Note: On port days, the ship is empty….take advantage of the quiet and enjoy all the amenities offered to your family.
- 9am Breakfast at Cabanas buffet (Mickey waffles are the best!)
- 10am Deck 11 Poolside and watching Cinderella and Lion King on the Funnel Vision. We also enjoyed no lines on the AquaDuck.
- Noon Lunch at Cabanas with a gorgeous view of Castaway Cay.
- 2pm Empty movie theater (Buena Vista Theatre) enjoying Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- 4:30pm Back to the stateroom to pack (bags must be out in the hallway by 10pm if taking Disney Magic Express back to airport)
- 6pm Rest/Relaxation
- 8:15pm Dinner at Animator’s Palate
- 9:30pm After-Dinner Coffees at Cove Café
After a 3rd Disney cruise, I can honestly say that Disney knows cruising. We plan to set sail on our 4th Disney Cruise Spring Break 2018. Please see my earlier Disney Cruise blogs for more information….and have a magical time.