It’s been at least 5 years since I made this awesome meal…Chicken Manicotti. It’s really an easy and simple recipe (do not let stuffing shells scare you!); and the entire family loves it.
Ingredients: (if you don’t make your own marinara sauce) 1 jar pasta sauce, 1 container of ricotta cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, 2 to 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts, uncooked manicotti shells, grated Parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil water and add the chicken breasts. After about 30-45 minutes, remove chicken breasts from water and cool. Then shred.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and shredded chicken. Then mix.
- Grease a 13×9 glass pan and spread pasta sauce on the bottom.
- With a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon, stuff the mixture into the manicotti shells and lay in pan.
- Once all shells are filled and placed, spread more pasta sauce on top of the shells.
- Cover with foil and place in oven. Bake for 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours depending if shells are soft.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Place in oven and broil until brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve.