Here is my list of things to know before entering Disney World’s magical parks:
1. MagicBands – This is your key to fun! These are only available to Walt Disney annual pass holders and guests staying at Disney Resort hotels. This is your all-in-one device that unlocks your hotel room door, allows park entrance, FastPass+ check-in, links to the Memory Maker/Disney Photo Pass and syncs to your credit card to make purchases.
If you are not staying at a Disney Resort hotel and are not a Passholder, you will receive a card when you purchase park admission—and you have the option to purchase a MagicBand online or at select retail locations at Walt Disney World Resort and beyond.
MagicBands are shipping to your home 30 days prior to arrival. Plus, you can add fun accessorizes that can be purchased at any gift shop.
2. Ponchos – This is a Disney Must-Have! Either purchase before your vacation or at any Disney gift shop. Don’t let the rain keep you from enjoying your Disney vacation….it rains at least once a day. Also, if there’s hours of rain, get those ponchos on and hit the parks. Patrons tend to leave and the rides have no lines……why waste a FastPass+.
3. The Backpack – As a family of three, we are only in need of one backpack. These are the items in it: ponchos, sunscreen, antibacterial wipes and liquid, bottled water, granola bars, cell phones. (Since the MagicBand is linked to our credit card, we do not carry a wallet.)
4. Extra Park Hours – If you are staying in a Disney Resort, take advantage of extended park hours…Extra Magic Hours. This enables your family to enjoy time at the parks above and beyond the standard operating schedule. Ex. The morning Magic Kingdom opened at 8am, we were able to ride Space Mountain without wasting a FastPass+. Then we got on the MyDisneyExperience phone app and changed to new ride FastPasses+.
View Extra Magic Hours online or ask your concierge.
5. Memory Maker – This trip we purchased the Disney Memory Maker. Disney PhotoPass service lets you capture your vacation memories in great photos throughout the parks. Purchasing the Memory Maker allows for unlimited digital downloads of all your memories including select rides photos and videos. If purchased before your trip, there is a $30 discount. (Note: I was disappointed that there were not more Photo Cast Members in the parks…I felt like I had to hunt these people out…..especially in Epcot.)
6. Buttons – When making your travel arrangements or checking-in at your resort’s concierge, make sure to tell them if you are celebrating any special occasions: first time at Disney, birthdays, anniversaries, honeymoon, engagement, etc. A special button will be created that you need to wear at the parks and at meals/entertainment. Magical things could come your way!
I hope my list helps….the next few blogs will focus on each park!
Have a magical day!